Monday, July 11, 2011

Proverbs 14:1


I was reading Proverbs 14 with a friend this afternoon and this first verse struck me. Building my house is now my responsibility, and I need to take the responsibility to do so. It won't just happen on its own. I have to be purposeful and determined to build up my house.

It's the difference between taking the hour before Mr. Galaxy comes home to straighten up the clutter, change into a becoming outfit, put on some relaxing music, and meet him at the door with a kiss and smile ... or ... leaving the clutter, staying on the couch with my book or computer and saying "hi" with just a glance when he comes in. Which one will build him up?

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, so if I want to build my house, then I need to fear the Lord. It's as easy as being the right one instead of looking for the right one. As I learn to be the woman that God wants me to be, the wife He wants me to be, eventually the mother He wants me to be, then He will take care of the other people in my life, my husband, and eventually my children.

If I leave this up to chance then I am foolish indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment